So I came up with this mixture.
3 T grass-fed butter
1 lb ground chicken
8oz sliced mushrooms
2 ribs chopped celery
1/3 cup crumbled bleu cheese
Franks Red Hot (a few tablespoons maybe?)
2 T grass-fed sour cream or homemade mayo
2 T arrowroot/tapioca flour (optional)
4 bell peppers, tops removed and seeds/white membrane removed
- Heat up butter in large skillet and add ground chicken. Break up, and add sliced mushrooms. Cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms begin browning. Add celery and cook until just softened
- Remove chicken mixture to a bowl (or allow your pan to cool down a little) and mix in the ble cheese and enough Franks to coat everything (or to taste).
- Mix in a little sour cream or mayo to give it a creamy texture, and sprinkle in the thickener if you decided to use it (it wasn’t worth the effort of finding it in the cabinet to me, so I omitted it).
- Spoon mixture into 4 bell peppers. I only had 3, so I put the remainder in a ramekin and baked that separately.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until the peppers begin softening up.
- Remove and allow to cool for a few moments. Poke a hole in the bottom of each of the peppers to drain off additional moisture if you didn’t add the arrowroot/tapioca.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Nutrition Info: Per 1/4 of recipe, or 1 pepper